[Mpi-forum] Merged Nonblocking Collectives into MPI-3 - Please Review!

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Tue Feb 16 04:11:57 CST 2010

Hello Torsten, Jeff and Rich,

I'm sorry that I could not attend the discussion at last meeting.
Jeff's minutes are not yet available, therefore my opinion may
be in contrary to votes at the meeting - then please tell me.

My opinion after looking at ticket 254, file chap-coll/coll.tex :

I strongly disagree with the current state of the latex source.
You reinvented all the old MPI-2.2  markups, i.e., you uncleaned
the tex source of exactly one file: coll.tex.

All MPI-2.2 markups are removed to allow the usage of Bills
macros to mark all new MPI-3.0 changes.
I could not find any \MPIupdate{3.0}... or similar markups
in your new source.

The 73 changes (found be grep'ing "htor") should be done
into "current" coll.tex revision 253 and not into a very old revision.

There is no chance to do the cleaning again on your current
unclean coll.tex revision 254!

All these 73 changes should be marked with Bill's macros
as ticket {3.0}{109}.

If the forum decided to step back to the uncleaned source
then it should be done for all sources and not only
for coll.tex.

Rich and Jeff, I cannot see any comments on ticket #203,
nor any review from you.
Did you discussed it at the Jan 2010 meeting?

Best regards
Rolf