[Mpi-forum] Proposal for the MPI-3 standardization process

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Wed Dec 22 11:48:17 CST 2010

I'll reiterate that requiring an implementation is a major change over
the MPI 1 and MPI 2 process.  In addition, I'm not sure what real
value there is in requiring an implementation that runs on a
particular platform.  In the 2.x process, this was intended to address
the "minimal implementation effort" requirement, and hence was a
reasonable requirement.  This should not be a constraint for MPI-3.

Bill