[Mpi-forum] Deadline for next year's release

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Thu Sep 3 02:11:41 CDT 2009

I apologize to all for the confusion that my first message in this
thread lead to.  I failed to give the proper context, which then led
to lots of email hell.  I think the subsequent emails have clarified
much; thanks guys.

I do believe that there is still some debate about what exactly to
call the SC'10 and SC'11 releases.  I think the main point of my email
was to say that if you want something in the SC'10 release, by our
defined procedures (1st reading, 2 votes, etc.), it needs to be ready
by March.  Some things are ready already or are close -- it was meant
to be a "heads up" for the WGs who are not [well] represented here in
Helsinki that we likely will have *something* to release at SC'10
(regardless of what it is called -- "3.0" or otherwise), and that
March is the last meeting to have a 1st reading.