[Mpi-forum] Deadline for next year's release

Marc-Andre Hermanns m.a.hermanns at fz-juelich.de
Wed Sep 2 14:53:24 CDT 2009

Hi all,

maybe just to add to Torsten, who wrapped up the discussion quite well.

- we (here in Helsinki) agreed that it is vital to get some things out
  to the user soon (like the NBCs) and not have them wait all the way,
  till MPI 3.0 is settled

- we did not agree, yet, what name such a release would have:
  2.3, 2.9, 3.0, ... (that is to be discussed)

I think the main message of Jeff's earlier mail was: If you want to get
your stuff out soon, you will have to get it to the first reading by
march, or you will have to wait till the "big package" is passed in 3
years, as I took it from the discussions that everybody present was
reluctant to have another intermediate release.

Best regards,
Marc-Andre

--
Marc-Andre Hermanns
Juelich Supercomputing Centre

Phone : +49-2461-61-2054
Fax   : +49-2461-61-6656
eMail : m.a.hermanns at fz-juelich.de
WWW   : http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/

JSC is the coordinator of the
John von Neumann Institute for Computing
and member of the
Gauss Centre for Supercomputing

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
                    Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender),
                    Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
                    Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt