[Mpi-forum] MPI-2.2 votes / webex / etc.

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Thu Sep 3 02:40:07 CDT 2009

If you didn't get it from Bill's mail yesterday, we're spending much
of the time here in the Helsinki meeting reviewing the 2.2 document
and ensuring that it adheres to the MPI Forum's defined procedures
(e.g., we were all assigned page ranges last night to double/triple
check that no unintentional changes had been made in the 2.2 doc).
Everyone here is comfortable with the process.

To that end, we do expect to be able to vote on the 2.2 document
tomorrow at 11am Helsinki time (Friday, September 4, 2009).  The
following URL may help adjust it to your local time:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?month=9&day=3&year=2009&p1=137&p2=179&p3=101&p4=195&iv=0

There will be 18 + 1 votes: 2.2 front matter, 16 chapters, appendix.
If all of those pass, then we'll vote on the 2.2 document in its
entirety.

The "must have attended 2 out of the last 3 meetings" voting rule
still applies.  One special exception: if you attend the 2.2 voting
webex session, that counts as your organization's attendance (in terms
of voting rights) for this meeting.  Hence, if organization X attended
one of the last two Forum meetings *and* organization X attends the
webex tomorrow, then organization X is eligible to vote.

Here's my list of organizations:

- Present and eligible:
   Argonne
   Cisco
   HDF
   HLRS
   IBM
   Indiana U.
   INRIA
   Intel
   Oak Ridge
   UIUC
   Sun
   UAB
   UTK

- Absent but eligible, and indicated that they will be on the webex to
vote
   HP
   Microsoft
   NEC
   Run-Time Computing Solutions

- Absent but eligible, but did not (yet) indicate that they want to vote
   Auburn U.
   Cray
   Livermore
   Los Alamos