[Mpi-forum] MPI user survey

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Tue Nov 17 10:40:03 CST 2009

On Nov 17, 2009, at 8:16 AM, Supalov, Alexander wrote:

> No objections - let's go for 2 separate questions, e.g.:
>
> "Do you want to achieve higher performance by disabling certain
> MPI-3 features in your program?

I do not think that this is a well-formed question.

It directly states something that has not been well defined (or even
accepted) by the Forum.  Specifically: it is *by no means guaranteed*
that you will get higher performance by disabling certain MPI-3
features.  Heck, we don't even know precisely what MPI-3 features will
exist!

> "If so, do you prefer subsetting or assertions?"

The others questions contain at least a hint of context so that
respondents have a clue as to how to answer.  This one explains
neither "subsetting" nor "assertions".  I suspect that 95% of
respondents will not know how to answer.

jsquyres at cisco.com