[Mpi-forum] MPI user survey

Barrett, Brian W bwbarre at sandia.gov
Mon Nov 16 09:45:43 CST 2009

Alexander -

Who wouldn't answer such a question with "yes"?  I think such a question is
only meaningful if we know what users have to give up and what they get in
return.  For example:

I [strongly agree...strongly disagree] that I would give up the use of
communicators and datatypes in my application in return for a x% performance
improvement.

Otherwise, we're asking a question that really doesn't tell us anything we
don't already know.  Since I'm pretty positive we don't have the data to ask
such a question, it seems like waiting until next year when we might have a
better feeling for subsetting impact might be a good idea.

Brian