[Mpi-forum] MPI user survey

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 09:22:41 CST 2009

Based upon the issues that came up most of the meeting, we could
append the question to:

x. MPI one-sided communication performance is more important to me
than supporting a rich remote memory access (RMA) feature set.
Complex user-defined datatypes and arbitrary remote atomics are
examples of features that ~may~ lead to reduced performance for some
MPI implementations and/or hardware architectures.

However, any such enumeration will lead to a minefield of user assumptions.

Jeff

--
Jeff Hammond
Argonne Leadership Computing Facility