[Mpi-forum] first vote on nonblocking collectives

Torsten Hoefler htor at cs.indiana.edu
Sun Mar 29 16:09:58 CDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 12:56:08PM -0500, Rajeev Thakur wrote:
> I see that a first vote on nonblocking collectives has been scheduled at the
> next meeting. I think it is premature to have an official vote on any MPI-3
> feature while MPI 2.2 is itself not settled.
I think it was put on the agenda because our last discussion about MPI-3
was not very conclusive. The only thing that we decided was to postpone
discussions, not for how long though.

However, I fully agree to Rajeev that we have (at least for the Chicago
meeting) much more complex and time critical issues to discuss. Thus, I
propose to devote more meeting time to MPI-2.2.

Especially ticket #33 (will be discussed in a separate mail) seems to be
one of the more important non-trivial (nontrivial?) changes that need
significant discussion at the Forum.

All the Best,
  Torsten

--
Torsten Hoefler       | Postdoctoral Researcher