[Mpi-forum] Feedback on upcoming meetings

Bronis R. de Supinski bronis at llnl.gov
Wed Jul 2 20:12:18 CDT 2008

Rich:

Re:
>  From the logistics meetings today, the feedback from those in the
> room (which wasn't many, unfortunately) is as follows:
>
> - Count of those who need hotels for the Oct Chicago meeting (I think
> Rich will need to ping the list to get more accurate numbers):
>    - Sunday: 3
>    - Monday: 13
>    - Tuesday: 13
>    - Wednesday: 0

I will want a room on Monday and Tuesday for certain
and probably for Sunday.

> - June 2009 meeting (conflict with SC09 program committee meeting):
> suggest 8-10 June

OK.

> - November 2009 meeting: suggest W-F the week before SC, 11-13 Nov

This is a really poor suggestion. Most people are really
busy the week before SC getting ready for it. The last
thing you want is to be out of town during it. It would
be better not to try to hold a forum meeting jointly
with SC (I thought we all agreed on that position this
year). Better choices would be Oct 26-28 or Nov 2-4.
Even better would be to delay until Dec 7-9.

Bronis