[Mpi-forum] With regards to collective, please see www.data-re.org

Anthony Skjellum tony at cis.uab.edu
Tue Dec 16 09:17:37 CST 2008

Most of you will not remember this, but one of the DARPA projects that I worked on a decade ago (besides MPIRT) was the Data Reorganization
Initiative.

It was a specific set of collective operations to replace "MPI_Alltoall*" with more scalable and
It has been implemented with non-MPI-specific APIs for DOD-based parallel computers, and it has been reused in part
by people doing VSIPL++.

There is a lot of interesting information here on specific high performance collective operations related to data motion,
and I want everyone doing MPI-3 to know about it. If there is interest, we could develop proposals on bringing in
some of these capabilities into extended collective operations for MPI-3.

Please see www.data-re.org

Regards,
Tony

--