[Mpi-comments] MPI_Create_directory

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Mon Jan 7 09:02:14 CST 2019

Are we assuming a POSIX filesystem (a bad idea in my opinion)? Are we assuming a more restricted set of file system structure operations, along with weaker consistency semantics (matching the MPI-IO approach rather than POSIX)?

Bill

William Gropp
Director and Chief Scientist, NCSA
Thomas M. Siebel Chair in Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign