[Mpi-comments] MPI_Dims_create(..., ndims=0, ...) semantic ?

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Wed Nov 9 08:18:10 CST 2016

The standard doesn’t specify this, though I recall us discussing this and IIRC agreeing that ndims equal to zero was well-defined and not an error.  And there is nothing in the standard that suggests that it should be an error, just nothing that says it shouldn’t.

Bill

William Gropp
Acting Director and Chief Scientist, NCSA
Director, Parallel Computing Institute
Thomas M. Siebel Chair in Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign