[Mpi-comments] MPI_Is_thread_main: usage allowed for any thread in MPI_THREAD_FUNNELED mode?

Richard Graham richardg at mellanox.com
Wed Aug 15 05:49:55 CDT 2012

Philippe,
  Thank you very much for taking the time to send in this comment - this is greatly appreciated.
  The request is a good request, and the working group in charge of this particular chapter has agreed to look into this.  However, this will not make it into MPI 3.0, but is targeted for the following MPI.  We have to carefully check the full list of affected routines, and do not have the time to do this correctly before MPI 3.0 is slated to be voted on.

Thanks again,
Rich