[Mpi-comments] A few issues with the MPI-2.2 standard

Chris Thiel cthiel at cse.unl.edu
Tue Oct 20 00:31:28 CDT 2009

I have noticed what appear to be a few mistakes in the MPI-2.2
standard.

First of all, in two places, the functions
   MPI_DIST_GRAPH_NEIGHBORS_COUNT and
   MPI_DIST_GRAPH_NEIGHBORS
are misspelled as
   MPI_DIST_NEIGHBORS_COUNT and
   MPI_DIST_NEIGHBORS.
First on page 247 at line 30 and then again on page 595 at line 3.
These misspellings also appear in the function index.

The second issue I noticed is that the function
MPI_REDUCE_SCATTER_BLOCK is omitted from several lists in Chapter 5.
I believe it should appear in the list of collective operations at the
very beginning of Section 5.1.  Also it should appear in the list of
all-to-all functions on page 135, line 1, and in the list of
collective operations that apply to intercommunicators on page 135,
line 32.

Chris Thiel