[Mpi-3] Backward compatibility with MPI 3.0

Richard Graham rlgraham at [hidden]
Fri Jun 5 12:07:45 CDT 2009

One of the questions that we need to start seriously discussing, as the
effort shifts from MPI 2.2 to MPI 3.0 is how to handle the issues of
backward compatibility with respect to changes that need to be made in the
MPI Standard.  This includes changes such as the change to the count
argument in the send functions to be an MPI_Aint rather than a C int, in the
C bindings.  What I would like to do is collect a list of all such items
that people would like to gather a complete list of the items that need to
be considered here.  I have created ticket 164 that can be used to
accumulate this information.   Please to at it ­ we will continue to discuss
this topic at the start of our fact-to-face meeting on Monday.

See you then,
Rich

*