[Mpi-22] Preparing for the next MPI Forum meeting

William Gropp wgropp at [hidden]
Wed Feb 11 13:11:36 CST 2009

I've moved all pending tickets for MPI 2.2 to Milestone "2009/4/6
Chicago".  Over the next few weeks, please:

1) Consider carefully the proposals that have had their first reading
or vote.  We will vote on these.

2) For tickets requiring reviews or rework, these *must* be in state
"reviewed" *before* the next Forum meeting.  Any item that is not
ready for a first reading at the *beginning* of the next meeting will
not be considered for MPI 2.2 (we're out of time).  They need to have
a single, readable proposal.  If you need guidance or a straw vote,
please conduct that by email in advance of the meeting.

3) Make sure that any ticket that should be considered has the
"2009/4/6 Chicago" milestone - there are two with "Future", numbers 48
and 50.

There are 41 items on which we will vote.  Please come prepared to
vote on these items.  If you feel strongly about an item (particularly
negatively), please use the comment feature on the wiki to make your
case.  That will help streamline the discussions at the Forum meeting.

Bill

William Gropp
Deputy Director for Research
Institute for Advanced Computing Applications and Technologies
Paul and Cynthia Saylor Professor of Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign