[Mpi-22] [MPI Forum] #111: Fix predefined attributes

William Gropp wgropp at [hidden]
Tue Feb 10 09:32:19 CST 2009

Does Cray return a pointer to an int in the C case and the value of a
INTEGER in the Fortran case, using different storage for the two
values?  If so, then we'll have to make the predefined attributes a
special case.

Bill

On Feb 9, 2009, at 7:54 PM, MPI Forum wrote:

> #111: Fix predefined attributes
> -------------------------------------
> +--------------------------------------
> Reporter:  jsquyres                  |        Owner:  jsquyres
>    Type:  Correction to standard    |       Status:  new
>
> Comment(by jsquyres):
>
> Cray cites that they have 2 versions of their library -- one that
> supports
> 32 bit INTEGERs and one that supports 64 bit INTEGERs.  However,
> both have
> 32 bit int's.  So changing the "int" to "MPI_Fint" will break user
> apps,
> and therefore this is problematic for MPI-2.2.
>
> Need further discussion on what to do here.
>
> --
> Ticket URL: <https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/111#comment:4
> >
> MPI Forum <https://svn.mpi-forum.org/>
> MPI Forum

William Gropp
Deputy Director for Research
Institute for Advanced Computing Applications and Technologies
Paul and Cynthia Saylor Professor of Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign