[Mpi-22] [MPI Forum] #59: Clarification on MPI::FILE_NULL, MPI::WIN_NULL and MPI::COMM_NULL

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at [hidden]
Fri Apr 3 13:06:47 CDT 2009

This is worth raising to the list.

What is the rule for 2.2 -- that existing MPI applications must be
able to run with no changes against an MPI-2.2 library?  Or is it that
existing MPI applications must be able to compile and run with no
source code changes against an MPI-2.2 implementation?

I hope it's the latter; this change is relatively important.

On Apr 3, 2009, at 5:56 AM, MPI Forum wrote:

> #59: Clarification on MPI::FILE_NULL, MPI::WIN_NULL and MPI::COMM_NULL
> -----------------------------------
> +----------------------------------------
> Reporter:  hubertritzdorf          |            Owner:  hubertritzdorf
>     Type:  Correction to standard  |           Status:  new
> Changes (by asupalov):
>
>  * cc: alexander.supalov_at_[hidden] (added)
>

> Comment:
>
>  Aren't we changing C++ ABI herewith? If so, we may want to postpone
> this
>  change till MPI-3.
>
> --
> Ticket URL: <https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/59#comment:33