[Mpi-22] 2.2 at April meeting?

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at [hidden]
Mon Mar 31 07:04:36 CDT 2008

Bill --

Do we plan to have any time allocated in the April meeting to MPI 2.2,
or are we still in a holding pattern waiting for 2.1?

If we do discuss 2.2 in April, I'd like a few minutes to discuss the
whole "const" issues surrounding the C++ bindings.  A few people asked
me last meeting to rehash the issues, etc.

In short: my position is that *all* predefined handles in the C++
bindings should be "const" (reversing some of the [incorrect, I
believe] errata) and fixing a few C++ API bindings to compensate.
MPI::BOTTOM is the only exception, but we have discussed that one to
death already.

If we push all the 2.2 discussions out to the June meeting, no problem
-- I just wanted to queue up the "const" discussion for whenever the
2.2 discussions occur.

Cisco Systems