[Mpi-22] MPI-2.1 ambiguity?

Hubert Ritzdorf ritzdorf at [hidden]
Fri Jul 18 07:06:54 CDT 2008

Rolf Rabenseifner wrote:
> My primary oal is:
> We should make clarifications which state that
> each predefined handle must be available in every
> language binding.
> People may be confused by current wording in several places:
>
> - MPI-2.1 (June 23, 2008) Section 16.3.6 MPI Opaque Objects,
>   page 483, lines 46-47:
>   "All predefined datatypes can be used in datatype constructors
>   in any language."

Does this mean, that the C++ datatypes BOOL, COMPLEX,
DOUBLE_COMPLEX and LONG_DOUBLE_COMPLEX
have to be available in C and Fortran ?  If yes, what  are
the names of them in C and Fortran ?
Or is the statement in Annex  1.1  (MPI 2.1, page 495, line 1)
"C++-Only Named Predefined Datatypes"
indicating, that they are not available in C and Fortran versions
of MPI 2.1 ? In this case, the sentence above should
be corrected.

Hubert

*