[mpi-22] FW: [mpi-21] Proposal: MPI_OFFSET built-in type

Jesper Larsson Traeff traff at [hidden]
Mon Jan 28 11:14:23 CST 2008

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 10:55:17AM -0600, Rajeev Thakur wrote:
> MPI_Aint is also used for extent of a datatype and size of a window, which
> one may want to communicate.

One does want to communicate those things. Having an MPI_AINT would be the
easiest solution, but not the cleanest or most correct...

If new types were introduced, the interfaces should be changed correspondingly
(eg. MPI_Count for count arguments), and that would be a big change...

I don't want to push the point, though.

Jesper