[Mpi-22] new datatypes proposal on the wiki

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at [hidden]
Sun Aug 31 07:18:08 CDT 2008

On Aug 21, 2008, at 9:02 PM, Dave Goodell wrote:

> I have submitted a new 2.2 proposal to add several new datatypes to
> the C and C++ bindings, most of them in order to keep up with the
> C99 standard.  This proposal also adds MPI_AINT and MPI_OFFSET as
> predefined datatypes.  Comments are welcome.
>
> https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/wiki/mpi22/NewPredefinedDatatypes

Dave -- I like the idea of [u]int[x]_t types; that would certainly be
helpful to some apps.

I'm a little confused on your discussion about how bool and complex
may be represented differently in each language.  Are you saying that
MPI_BOOL may be a different thing that [the already-existing] MPI::BOOL?

Also, MPI_COMPLEX and MPI_DOUBLE_COMPLEX both already exist for the
corresponding Fortran types (I can't remember offhand --
MPI_LONG_DOUBLE_COMPLEX may exist already, too).  How do you propose
to reconcile this conflict?

Cisco Systems