[mpi-21] Ballot 4 - MPI_THREAD_FUNNELED - was Re: Attending, topics, etc

Greg Lindahl lindahl at [hidden]
Thu Jan 31 16:56:55 CST 2008

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 09:26:07PM +0100, Rolf Rabenseifner wrote:

> Dick, I fully agree. I withdraw my proposals with OpenMP and come
> back to your text, adding the forward reference to MPI_IS_THREAD_MAIN:

>        (for the definition of main thread, see MPI_IS_THREAD_MAIN).
>
> By the way, this clarification is independent of any
> additional level of thread support taht may be specified in
> further MPI versions.

I also agree with this version of the clarification.

BTW, it should be "ensure", not "insure". The current MPI 2.0 doc has
"ensure" 28 times and "insure" 0 times.

-- greg