[mpi-21] Ballot 4 - Re: Request for interpretation

Bronis R. de Supinski bronis at [hidden]
Thu Jan 31 09:10:39 CST 2008

Rolf:

Re:
> Sorry, that was my fault.
> Here again the full proposal including your sentence
> (and nothing else changed):

Still fine with me although there is aminor grammar issue
that needs to be fixed. The "which" should be "that" - the
correct difference between the two is to use "that" for
"required" clauses (i.e., clauses withouth which the sentence
no longer makes sense, essentially) and "which" preceded by
a comma for others (typically apository clauses).

See below.

Bronis

> ___________________________________
>
> Proposal:
> MPI 2.0, Sect. 4.10 Info Objects, page 43, line 38-40 read:
>    If a function does not recognize a key,
>    it will ignore it, unless otherwise specified.
>    If an implementation recognizes a key but does not recognize
>    the format of the corresponding value, the result is undefined.
> but should read:
>    An implementation must support info objects as caches for arbitrary
>    (key, value) pairs, regardless of whether it recognizes the pairs.
>    Each MPI function which takes hints in the form of an MPI_Info must

Change the above to:

    Each MPI function that takes hints in the form of an MPI_Info must