[mpi-21] Ballot 4 - MPI_THREAD_FUNNELED - was Re: Attending, topics, etc

Cownie, James H james.h.cownie at [hidden]
Thu Jan 31 08:44:08 CST 2008

A simpler change which would seem to achieve the desired clarification
would be :-

   MPI_THREAD_FUNNELED The process may be multi-threaded, but only the
main
   thread is allowed to make MPI calls.

(and you could add
   If other threads make MPI calls the behavior is undefined.
 if you want to be verbose about it).

-- Jim

James Cownie <james.h.cownie_at_[hidden]>
SSG/DPD/PAT
Tel: +44 117 9071438

On