[mpi-21] Ballot 4 - Re: Request for interpretation

Richard Treumann treumann at [hidden]
Thu Jan 31 07:28:54 CST 2008

Your wording works for me Rolf.  -- Thanks

Dick Treumann  -  MPI Team/TCEM
IBM Systems & Technology Group
Dept 0lva / MS P963 -- 2455 South Road -- Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Tele (845) 433-7846         Fax (845) 433-8363

mpi-21-bounces_at_[hidden] wrote on 01/31/2008 05:25:46 AM:

> I try to summarize all 3 replies in one proposal:
>
> ___________________________________
>
> Proposal:
> MPI 2.0, Sect. 4.10 Info Objects, page 43, line 38-40 read:
>    If a function does not recognize a key,
>    it will ignore it, unless otherwise specified.
>    If an implementation recognizes a key but does not recognize
>    the format of the corresponding value, the result is undefined.
> but should read:
>    An implementation must support info objects as caches for arbitrary
>    (key, value) pairs, regardless of whether it recognizes the pairs.
>    Each MPI function which takes hints in the form of an MPI_Info must
>    be prepared to ignore any key it does not recognize.
>
> Add after MPI 2.0, Sect. 4.10 Info Objects, page 44, line 22 a new
> paragraph:
>    Advice to implementors.
>    Although in MPI functions that take hints in form of an MPI_Info
>    (e.g., in process creation and management, one-sided communication,
>    or parallel file I/O), an implementation must be prepared to ignore
>    keys that it does not recognize, for the purpose of
MPI_INFO_GET_NKEYS,

*