[mpi-21] Two MPI I/O questions

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at [hidden]
Tue Jan 29 06:21:55 CST 2008

Mainly to Leonard Wisniewski and Rajeev Thakur
who have contributed to this mail-discussion thread.

This is a follow up to:
  Shared File Pointers
  in http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/homes/wgropp/projects/parallel/MPI/mpi-errata/index.html
with mail discussion in
  http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/homes/wgropp/projects/parallel/MPI/mpi-errata/discuss/sharedfile/

and here only to the second topic in the mails.
(The first topic is handled in the thread
 "MPI C++ Constants conflict with stdio")

When I understand correctly, then a clarification is not needed
in the MPI standard.

If somebody wants a clarification to be included into the standard
and therefore in Ballot 4, please send me your wording
with the page and line references included.

If all agree, that no clarification is needed, then I would finish
this discussion-thread.

Best regards
Rolf

Dr. Rolf Rabenseifner . . . . . . . . . .. email rabenseifner_at_[hidden]
Nobelstr. 19, D-70550 Stuttgart, Germany . (Office: Allmandring 30)