[mpi-21] Ballot 4 proposal: "static" predefined MPI C++ handles

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at [hidden]
Fri Jan 18 12:57:39 CST 2008

On Jan 18, 2008, at 1:53 PM, Erez Haba wrote:

> Aren't we also removing the const :)
> The text would still be incorrect; in some implementations the
> MPI::COMM_WORLD is not const qualified.
>
> I suggest removing this sentence. (In C++....)

One issue at a time: this proposal is to remove "static" because it is
clearly wrong.  The "const" issue is different, and [much] more
complicated.

I am working on another proposal about the "const" issue in this
sentence -- I still haven't heard back from you (or others) about what
is common usage for C++ global variables (whether it is common to not
specify whether they should be const or not).

Cisco Systems