[Mpi-21] Formal MPI-2.1 Review

Rainer Keller keller at [hidden]
Mon Apr 28 20:27:55 CDT 2008

Hello Rolf,
please find enclosed the changes to MPI-2.1 Chapter12 (compared to the version
April 19 2008).

Thanks,
Rainer

On Monday 21 April 2008 20:38, Rolf Rabenseifner wrote:
> First, I want to thank all chapter authors for their fine work
> cleaning up all the MPI-1/-2 problems and achieving a single monolithic
> MPI-2.1 text.
>
> Dear reviewer,
>
> to handle about 20 chapters with in average 5 reviews per chapter,
> I would like to formalize it:
>
> On next Monday (Apr. 28, 2008), I would like to ask you whether you can
> make the following statement on the chapter(s) you voloteered for reviewing
> (I'll ask independently each reviewer on each chapter):

> Chap. ......... of MPI-2.1 Draft Apr. 19, 2008 represents fully and
> exactly (as I can overlook) the text that was given by MPI-1.1 (June 1995),
> MPI-2 (July 1997), MPI-1 errata (Oct. 12, 1998), Ballot 1+2 (May 15, 2002),
> Ballot 3 (protocol from March 2008 meeting, 1st vote),
> and Ballot 4 (protocol from March 2008 meeting, official reading)
> if the following text-modifications (they are already implemented in the
> current draft) are accepted by the MPI Forum:
>  - XXXXX
> and if the following bugs will be corrected until first vote
> in June 2008 meeting:
>  - YYYYY.
> Further comments (not official part of this review):
>  - ZZZZZ
>
> Please do not use ZZZZZ for MPI-2.2 items or for any further enhancement.
>
> If there are such XXXXX, YYYYY, and ZZZZZ items, then I can include them
> into my slides, if you are sending it to me not later than
>
>    Friday, April 25, 2008.
>
> All items that you detect later, you may bring to the MPI Forum
> with your own slide, plugging in your own laptop at the meeting.
>
> And same procedure for MPI-1.3 with only MPI-1 input.
>
> I hope this review process is fine with you.
>
> Exception: Review of Chap. 3 and 4 will be based on the text
>            prepared by Rich Graham together with his reviewers this
>            week, i.e. final reviews at the meeting will be done
>            on MPI-2.1 Draft Apr. 26, 2008.
>
> Best regards from travel (currently Salishan conference, USA)
> Rolf

> Frontmatter:
>          - Bill Gropp, Rusty Lusk
> Acknowledgements:
>          - Richard Graham, Bill Gropp, Rusty Lusk
> Chap. 1: Introduction to MPI
>          - Bill Gropp, Rusty Lusk, Karl Feind, Adam Moody, Jesper Traeff
> Chap. 2: MPI-2 Terms and Conventions
>          - Tony Skjellum, Bill Gropp, Richard Barrett, Jesper Traeff
> Chap. 3: Point-to-Point Communication
>          - Rich Graham, Jespar Larsson Traeff, George Bosilca,
>            Steve Poole, Kannan Narasimhan, David Solt, B. Gropp, Matt Koop,
>            Adam Moody
> Chap. 3: Datatypes
>          - Rich Graham, Jespar Larsson Traeff, George Bosilca,
>            Steve Poole, Kannan Narasimhan, David Solt, B. Gropp, Matt Koop,
>            Adam Moody
> Chap. 5: Collective Communication
>          - Adam Moody, Steven Ericsson-Zenith, Edgar Gabriel, Rajeev
> Thakur, Bill Gropp, Georg Bosilca, Torsten Hoefler, Jesper Traeff Chap. 6:
> [...]

Dipl.-Inf. Rainer Keller   http://www.hlrs.de/people/keller
 HLRS                          Tel: ++49 (0)711-685 6 5858
 Nobelstrasse 19                  Fax: ++49 (0)711-685 6 5832
 70550 Stuttgart                    email: keller_at_[hidden]
 Germany                             AIM/Skype:rusraink

*