[Mpi-21] Formal MPI-2.1 Review

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at [hidden]
Mon Apr 21 13:38:37 CDT 2008

First, I want to thank all chapter authors for their fine work
cleaning up all the MPI-1/-2 problems and achieving a single monolithic
MPI-2.1 text.

Dear reviewer,

to handle about 20 chapters with in average 5 reviews per chapter,
I would like to formalize it:

On next Monday (Apr. 28, 2008), I would like to ask you whether you can
make the following statement on the chapter(s) you voloteered for reviewing
(I'll ask independently each reviewer on each chapter):

Chap. ......... of MPI-2.1 Draft Apr. 19, 2008 represents fully and
exactly (as I can overlook) the text that was given by MPI-1.1 (June 1995),
MPI-2 (July 1997), MPI-1 errata (Oct. 12, 1998), Ballot 1+2 (May 15, 2002),
Ballot 3 (protocol from March 2008 meeting, 1st vote),
and Ballot 4 (protocol from March 2008 meeting, official reading)
if the following text-modifications (they are already implemented in the
current draft) are accepted by the MPI Forum:
 - XXXXX
and if the following bugs will be corrected until first vote
in June 2008 meeting:
 - YYYYY.
Further comments (not official part of this review):
 - ZZZZZ

Please do not use ZZZZZ for MPI-2.2 items or for any further enhancement.

If there are such XXXXX, YYYYY, and ZZZZZ items, then I can include them
into my slides, if you are sending it to me not later than

   Friday, April 25, 2008.

All items that you detect later, you may bring to the MPI Forum
with your own slide, plugging in your own laptop at the meeting.

And same procedure for MPI-1.3 with only MPI-1 input.

I hope this review process is fine with you.

Exception: Review of Chap. 3 and 4 will be based on the text
           prepared by Rich Graham together with his reviewers this
           week, i.e. final reviews at the meeting will be done
           on MPI-2.1 Draft Apr. 26, 2008.

Best regards from travel (currently Salishan conference, USA)
Rolf

Frontmatter:
         - Bill Gropp, Rusty Lusk
Acknowledgements:
         - Richard Graham, Bill Gropp, Rusty Lusk
Chap. 1: Introduction to MPI
         - Bill Gropp, Rusty Lusk, Karl Feind, Adam Moody, Jesper Traeff
Chap. 2: MPI-2 Terms and Conventions
         - Tony Skjellum, Bill Gropp, Richard Barrett, Jesper Traeff
Chap. 3: Point-to-Point Communication
         - Rich Graham, Jespar Larsson Traeff, George Bosilca,
           Steve Poole, Kannan Narasimhan, David Solt, B. Gropp, Matt Koop,
           Adam Moody
Chap. 3: Datatypes
         - Rich Graham, Jespar Larsson Traeff, George Bosilca,
           Steve Poole, Kannan Narasimhan, David Solt, B. Gropp, Matt Koop,
           Adam Moody
Chap. 5: Collective Communication
         - Adam Moody, Steven Ericsson-Zenith, Edgar Gabriel, Rajeev Thakur,
           Bill Gropp, Georg Bosilca, Torsten Hoefler, Jesper Traeff
Chap. 6: Groups, Context, and Communicators
         - Richard Treumann, Steven Ericsson-Zenith, Edgar Gabriel, Tony
           Skjellum, Bill Gropp, Georg Bosilca, Robert Blackmore
Chap. 7: Process Topologies
         - Jesper Traeff, Rusty Lusk, Bill Gropp, Richard Barrett
Chap. 8: MPI Environmental Management (incl. sections from MPI-2 Misc.)
         - George Bosilca, Rich Graham, Jespar Larsson Traeff,
           Steve Poole, Kannan Narasimhan, David Solt, B. Gropp
Chap. 9: Miscellany
         - Jespar Larsson Traeff, Rich Graham, George Bosilca,
           Steve Poole, Kannan Narasimhan, B. Gropp
Chap.10: Process Creation and Management
         - David Solt, Dries Kimpe, Rusty Lusk, Georg Bosilca, Bill Gropp,
           Kalem Karian
Chap.11: One-Sided Communication
         - Jespar Larsson Traeff, Ericsson-Zenith, Martin Schulz,
           Bill Gropp, Darius Buntinas
Chap.12: External Interfaces
         - Bronis de Supinski, Bill Gropp
Chap.13: I/O
         - Rajeev Thakur, Joachim Worringen, Bill Gropp, Rainer Keller
Chap.14: Profiling Interface
         - Bronis de Supinski, Bill Gropp, Jeff Brown
Chap.15: Deprecated Functions
         - Rolf Rabenseifner, Bill Gropp
Chap.16: Language Bindings
         - Jeff Squyres, Steve Poole, Purushotham Bangalore,
           Bill Gropp, Erez Haba, Alexander Supalov
Bibliography:
         - Rusty Lusk, Bill Gropp
Annex A: Language Bindings Summary
         - Alexander Supalov, Jeff Squyres, Steve Poole, Purushotham Bangalore,
           Bill Gropp,
Annex B: Change Log
         - Rolf Rabenseifner, Bill Gropp
         - Rusty Lusk, Bill Gropp

MPI-1.3: Bill Gropp, Rolf Rabenseifner, Adam Moody, Puri Bangalore,
         Terry Dontje

Dr. Rolf Rabenseifner . . . . . . . . . .. email rabenseifner_at_[hidden]
Nobelstr. 19, D-70550 Stuttgart, Germany . (Office: Allmandring 30)