[Mpi-21] Chapter 5

Richard Treumann treumann at [hidden]
Wed Apr 9 08:39:59 CDT 2008

Someone also suggested that object naming move to join caching.  If we take
Jesper's suggestion then object naming would become part of this new
chapter too.

It all makes sense to me but I do not know who has the cycles to do the
work.  I do not

                 Dick

Dick Treumann  -  MPI Team/TCEM
IBM Systems & Technology Group
Dept 0lva / MS P963 -- 2455 South Road -- Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Tele (845) 433-7846         Fax (845) 433-8363

mpi-21-bounces_at_[hidden] wrote on 04/09/2008 02:50:22 AM:

> Dick, Rolf, all,
>
> On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 07:46:27PM -0400, Richard Treumann wrote:
> >
> > 4) The discussion of attribute caching needs significant rework.  It
has
> > paragraphs from when only communicators supported caching and
paragraphs
> > about adding caching support to windows and datatypes.  It should be
> > reworded to describe caching as it applies to all three object types
and
> > explain who there is no WIN_DUP while there is a TYPE_DUP and a
COMM_DUP.

*