[Mpi-21] MPI-2.1 April 1 document comments

William Gropp gropp at [hidden]
Mon Apr 7 13:37:20 CDT 2008

The numbers do agree - we changed the LaTeX options so that the PDF
knows the real numbers, which include roman for front matter.  It
would be wrong to number the pages sequentially from 1, abandoning
long-established practice with documents.  And at least on a Mac,
both Preview and Acrobat both display the correct page number and
will goto that page (including going to "xi").  Before we fixed this,
those display programs did not know how the pages were numbered, and
just (incorrectly) counted forward from one.  Now the document meets
standard page numbering conventions, and the PDF display programs are
aware of the true page numbers.

Bill

On Apr 7, 2008, at 1:18 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> Overall
> =======
>
> - Frontage numbering is still roman numerals -- I thought we agreed to
>    have the physical and PDF page numbers agree.

William Gropp
Paul and Cynthia Saylor Professor of Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign

*