[Mpi-21] TODO - AUTHORS of MPI-2.1 - Workplan

Supalov, Alexander alexander.supalov at [hidden]
Fri Apr 4 10:31:00 CDT 2008

Thanks. What I mean mostly is that the appendix can only be finalized,
verified, and signed off on after all other chapters. This means we need
to target April 10 to have the document really ready by April 11. The
time zone difference plays against us here.

-----Original Message-----
From: mpi-21-bounces_at_[hidden]
[mailto:mpi-21-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Rolf
Rabenseifner
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 5:10 PM
To: MPI 2.1 Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Mpi-21] TODO - AUTHORS of MPI-2.1 - Workplan

Alexander,

this isn't a problem:

Annex A.1 is about constants:
These must not change, because in this round-two, it is absolutly
forbidden to change the standard content.

Annex A.2-4 is done automatically, with one exception:
If a whole chapter is removed or added, we must remove/add
a line in MAKE-APPLANG (in lines 6-18).
If a chapter title is changed, we have to modify such a line.
That is all and easy, because Denis and his predecessor had made a good
job.

Best regards
Rolf

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 20:23:46 +0100
 "Supalov, Alexander" <alexander.supalov_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> As soon as we start moving chapters, the binding annex may change as
> well. I need your updates soon to make sense of the annex.
>
> Best regards.
>
> Alexander

Bosilca
> Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 9:20 PM
> To: MPI 2.1 Mailing List
> Subject: Re: [Mpi-21] TODO - AUTHORS of MPI-2.1 - Workplan
>
> Bronis,
>
> If the data-type section get moved into the chapter 3 it make sense to

> merge the leftover of the chapter 11 with chapter 7, as long as we
> choose a right name. "MPI Environmental Management" is not the right
> chapter for "Generalized Requests". But of course these are just
> details.
>
> I'll get in touch with you asap to see how we can coordinate.
>
>    Thanks,
>      george.
>
> On Apr 3, 2008, at 12:58 PM, Bronis R. de Supinski wrote:
> >
> > Rolf:
> >
> > Re:
> >> my general statements do not answer you initial question:
> >
> > My opinion is that leaving obvious problems unfixed based
> > on an expected future version is a bad idea. However, I
> > don't want to argue over this since I think the best
> > approach is just to remove them now and then we don't
> > have to worry about them. Others have more concerns over
> > the time that they can devote to this (not that I have an
> > abundance) and might want to delay in any event in order
> > to get it right (at least mostly).
> >
> >> If you decide to move parts from Chap.11 to  Chap.7,
> >> then you both mus discuss this. You both are responsible
> >> for these chapters.
> >> And you should first convince your reviewers:
> >> - Chap. 7: Rich, Jesper, Steve, Kannan, David, Bill
> >> - Chap.11: Bill and Rainer
> >> My recommendation:
> >> Express clearly which parts should be moved exactly to wich line
> >> (all based on page/line numbers as **printed** in Draft Apr. 1,
> >> 2008).
> >
> > I have discussed moving the datatype decoding stuff
> > with Rich and Bill. I will move those sections as I
> > suggested, with an initial pass for the current review.
> > This works well for Rich since he does not have time
> > to do this for another couple of weeks. I hope to get
> > that done today.
> >
> > For the remainder, I will look over the two chapters
> > (7 & 11) and propose an initial merge strategy. George
> > can react to that; I don't know how long it will take
> > me to get that done...
> >
> > Bronis

> Intel GmbH
> Dornacher Strasse 1
> 85622 Feldkirchen/Muenchen Germany
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Feldkirchen bei Muenchen
> Geschaeftsfuehrer: Douglas Lusk, Peter Gleissner, Hannes Schwaderer
> Registergericht: Muenchen HRB 47456 Ust.-IdNr.
> VAT Registration No.: DE129385895
> Citibank Frankfurt (BLZ 502 109 00) 600119052

Dr. Rolf Rabenseifner . . . . . . . . . .. email rabenseifner_at_[hidden]
Nobelstr. 19, D-70550 Stuttgart, Germany . (Office: Allmandring 30)