[Mpi3-tools] TelCon Monday 6/28 cancelled, unless someone wants to lead it, next TelCon 7/12

Martin Schulz schulzm at llnl.gov
Fri Jun 25 19:44:09 CDT 2010

Hi all,

Our next tools WG TelCon was scheduled for this Monday 6/28 at the
usual time.
Unfortunately, I had something come up short term and won't be around
for it.
Therefore, I am canceling it, unless someone volunteers to lead it -
in this case,
please go ahead and please post notes afterwards. Sorry for the short
notice.

Our current two outstanding topics are:

- Discussion of the MPIR document
Now that we have an approved path to a document sanctioned by the MPI
Forum,
we need to go ahead and finalize it. I think the goal should be to
have a complete
version well before the next forum meeting (mid September) so that we
can send
it around to the forum members before the meeting and then discuss it
there. I saw
there were a few emails with feedback - John, are you OK with these
comments
and/or would it be useful to have another telephone discussion on this?

- MPIT interface
I am working on consolidating the pieces based on the comments we had
a while
ago and hope to have a draft ready for our next meeting. I think the
timeline for
this should be similar as for the MPIR document.

Topics for the future discussion:

- Best practice document for message queue interface
- How to handle the discussed extensions (handle interface, DLL
detection,
	collective progress information)?
- New and extended MPIR interface

(please feel free to add, if there are other topics that we should
cover)

Unless someone speaks up for next week, we'll have our next TelCon on
7/12
at the usual time.

Thanks,

Martin

PS: Jeff, could you please setup a Webex for 7/12? Thanks.

Martin Schulz, schulzm at llnl.gov, http://people.llnl.gov/schulzm
CASC @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, USA