[mpiwg-rma] RMA Chapter Committee

Joseph Schuchart schuchart at icl.utk.edu
Mon Jul 17 03:46:46 CDT 2023

Dear all,

[current chapter committee members in CC]

We had discussed the chapter committee during the WG meeting on
Thursday. Most CC members of the 4.0 cycle [1] seem to have moved to
other things so we need to revisit our CC list. As you may know, the
main duty of the CC is to ensure the chapter is in a consistent state
and that all issues related to semantics, formatting, and structure
found by other Forum members in the release candidate are addressed.
Last week's Forum meeting concluded the "merge window" for semantic
changes so we're moving towards a release candidate. Wesley has put
together a presentation with the intended timeline [2]. I believe all
changes affecting the RMA chapter have been merged already.

In preparation of the RC document, we should go through the chapter to
make sure it's consistent and free of obvious errors. The deadline for
the RC document is August 14th, so the earlier we can catch errors the
better. There is also an open issue to index the semantic terms used in
the RMA chapter (start, complete, initiate, ...) [3], which is a bit of
LaTeX work throughout the chapter and would be "nice to have" for 4.1,
but I guess we can punt that to 4.2. I've already heard from some in the
WG that they are interested in joining the CC. If you are interested in
joining the CC and can spare some cycles for the review please let me
know. I'll be happy to provide the current PDF for those without access
to the LaTeX files.

Cheers
Joseph

[1] https://www.mpi-forum.org/mpi-41/