[Mpi3-rma] MPI-3.1 consideration slides

Torsten Hoefler htor at illinois.edu
Sun Dec 2 05:27:54 CST 2012

... I sent this a while ago but from my @ethz account:

Pavan,

Good points. I believe we wanted to include many of them in the errata
(which may or may not happen ...). The only thing I disagree to is slide
6. Win_sync really does nothing in the separate case. Your example would
work on shared memory if flush issues a memory barrier *and*
MPI_Barrier() is an optimization barrier (which is is in C and needs to
be ensured in Fortran anyway). But we can discuss next week.

Best,
    Torsten