[Mpiwg-large-counts] Pythonizing instructions

HOLMES Daniel d.holmes at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Sat Oct 19 15:32:26 CDT 2019

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for doing this. I’ll take a look on my Monday.

Cheers,
Dan.
—
Dr Daniel Holmes PhD
Architect (HPC Research)
d.holmes at epcc.ed.ac.uk<mailto:d.holmes at epcc.ed.ac.uk>
Phone: +44 (0) 131 651 3465
Mobile: +44 (0) 7940 524 088
Address: Room 2.09, Bayes Centre, 47 Potterrow, Central Area, Edinburgh, EH8 9BT
—
—

On 19 Oct 2019, at 21:26, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) via mpiwg-large-counts <mpiwg-large-counts at lists.mpi-forum.org<mailto:mpiwg-large-counts at lists.mpi-forum.org>> wrote:

As discussed in our last meeting, I've written a first take at instructions for Chapter Authors for how to write Pythonized functions.

These instructions are not yet intended for a wide audience -- they are intended solely for the working group.  Let's iterate on them here in the WG and get them to a good enough state before sharing them widely:

   https://github.com/mpiwg-large-count/large-count-issues/wiki/pythonizing

Puri/Tony/Dan: please try to use these instructions to Pythonize a few bindings.  The PR for the Pythonization is https://github.com/mpiwg-large-count/mpi-standard/pull/2.  All even-numbered chapters are done, and a small number of odd-numbered chapters.  Grep for `funcdef` in chapter *.tex files to find a chapter that hasn't been Pythonized yet (funcdef is the LaTeX macro for hard-coded LaTeX macros).

Send your feedback here and/or we'll discuss on Wednesday.

jsquyres at cisco.com<mailto:jsquyres at cisco.com>