[mpiwg-hybridpm] Wiki Updated

Jenke, Joachim jenke at itc.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jan 18 15:33:14 CST 2024

Hi Jim,

I would like to pick the 2/14 slot to present an application use case for continuations in an openmp offloading application exchanging device data conceptually integrated into a dag on the device. (Actually sketched as an offloading version of the cholesky code from my eurompi paper). For best integration onto device side dag, the code would need to start persistent p2p from offloading kernels which trigger continuation callbacks that release dependencies on the device.

I don't have all syntax in place yet, but would be interested in feedback from the group and especially your personal view :)
I think, this will also motivate, why we need per partition continuations for partitioned communication.

Title: application use case for device-side continuations

Best
Joachim