[mpiwg-hybridpm] Can MPI processes request different threading levels?

Joachim Jenke jenke at itc.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Aug 1 03:47:27 CDT 2023

Hello,

I'm not sure whether this is the right group to ask, but it is related
to hybrid execution :)

Must all MPI processes collectively call MPI_Init or MPI_Init_thread -
or can some processes call one and other processes call the other function?

Also, can the processes request different thread-support levels?

Our use case is MPMD execution, where some processes run multi-threaded
and other single-threaded.

Thanks,
Joachim

--
Dr. rer. nat. Joachim Jenke

IT Center
Group: High Performance Computing
Division: Computational Science and Engineering
RWTH Aachen University
Seffenter Weg 23
D 52074  Aachen (Germany)
Tel: +49 241 80- 24765