[Mpi3-ft] New version of the RTS proposal

Darius Buntinas buntinas at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 8 15:00:40 CST 2011

I think what we have doesn't require it to complete successfully.  It says MPI_INIT should try to raise an error and not abort by default.  Then the advice to implementors says a critical error can make it abort.

However, I think maybe we should say that MPI_Init is not required to raise an error simply because it detected a process failure.  It should raise an error (and give an error on the next non-errhandler function blah blah...) if it is unable to initialize the library due to a process failure.

Or is this what you were suggesting?

-d