[Mpi3-ft] Asynchronous error handling

Richard Graham rlgraham at ornl.gov
Mon Jun 2 18:09:02 CDT 2008

Greg,
   I like your suggestion ­ how about if we adopt what the CIFTS project is
doing as
 our model (s) ?  These are methods already in use in other contexts, and
have
 been proven to be useful.
   Seems like there are several items that would need to be addressed such
as:
 - Is reliable delivery guaranteed ?
 - Is notification unique ­ i.e., can we have an error code returned from
MPI_Isend()
 and a callback also be generated, both for the (subscribed) error
condition.
 - What happens with errors that impact correctness, but that have not been
subscribed
 to ?
  Lets schedule a long chunk of time (about 4 hours) for our working group
to meet and
 talk at our next meeting ­ we will follow up on what we discuss this coming
Friday.

Rich