[MPI3 Fortran] Straw vote on integers kinds

Aleksandar Donev adonev at lbl.gov
Thu Sep 17 12:27:15 CDT 2009

On Wednesday 16 September 2009, Malcolm Cohen wrote:
> I don't see the option I prefer, viz all interfaces to be generic and
> not specific.
Just to clarify for me here. The generic interface seems to me to mean
nothing unless you specify exactly what it must include as specifics.
It can of course include a lot more if it wishes. But what is the
minimum. One specific that accepts MPI_INT_KIND (which is likely to be
C_INT, I gather?) for *all* integer arguments other than counts, and,
if different, at least one specific where *all* arguments are are
default integers.
Right?
This sounds reasonable to me. The user can use either and the compiler
module will do the right thing (provide a wrapper if some weird flag is
specified etc.).
Aleks

--
Aleksandar Donev, Ph.D.
Luis W. Alvarez Postdoctoral Fellow
E-mail: adonev at lbl.gov
Phone: (510) 486-5782  Fax: (510) 486-6900
Address: MS 50A-1148, LBL, 1 Cyclotron Rd., Berkeley, CA 94720
Web: http://cims.nyu.edu/~donev/