[MPI3 Fortran] [Fwd: add TYPE(*) and DIMENSION(..) to Fortran]

Aleksandar Donev donev1 at llnl.gov
Fri Sep 5 13:03:17 CDT 2008

On Friday 05 September 2008 10:48, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> And then then MPI will still have to have a "wrapper" function (in C
> or Fortran; whatever they want) to call the back-end/"real" MPI C
> function.
Yes, I think this should be done anyway to make the interface more
Fortran-friendly. If you use the descriptor-passing-mechanism, you can omit
the buffer length, type, and other information since it will be passed in the
descriptor and the wrapper can extract it and pass it to the C routine
(itself a wrapper?).
Best,
Aleks