[mpiwg-abi] meet next week to decide on constants

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 07:17:48 CDT 2023

we need to have a meeting to decide on constant values, and another to talk
about the text (e.g. what is the C compiler environment?).  next week, we
should discuss constants.

last time, we discussed both Huffman coding and linear options for handle
constants.  i will populate
https://github.com/mpiwg-abi/specification-text-draft/blob/main/HandleConstants.md
no later than Monday morning and we can decide which one we like best (and
iterate from there, if necessary).

for integer constants, the task is boring, as very few of these values
matter.  i will finish the proposal by Monday (hopefully sooner) so people
who want to paint the bike shed can do that.
https://github.com/mpiwg-abi/specification-text-draft/blob/main/IntegerConstants.md
is the current state, which only includes error codes, but will be updated
shortly.

https://www.when2meet.com/?19408397-OEHu7 is for scheduling.  i will set
the meeting time on Monday morning.  no one complained that we used Teams
last time, so i will plan on that again.

recall the minutes from our first meeting, if necessary:
https://github.com/mpiwg-abi/abi-issues/wiki/Meeting-Minutes---21-February-2023

jeff
--
Jeff Hammond