[Mpi-forum] MPI 4.1 Published

Martin Schulz schulzm at in.tum.de
Fri Nov 3 06:26:32 CDT 2023

Dear MPI Forum Community,

For all of you who could not join us yesterday, I am happy and excited to announce that we finalized and then ratified the MPI 4.1 Standard yesterday! The document is already online at:

https://www.mpi-forum.org/docs/mpi-4.1/mpi41-report.pdf

Many thanks to all of you for contributing to MPI 4.1 and making it possible to get this version out before SC23. Special thanks to Wes and Bill who wrangled with git and Latex issues until the very end.

I know this was a lot of work, both regarding new functionality and all the clean-up items (which may not look like that much on paper, but I think will really help the readability and sustainability of the standard), as well as the tough final push! This is really a significant accomplishment and it wouldn’t have been possible without the dedication, time and expertise from this group!

If you are at SC23, please join us for the MPI Forum BoF (Tuesday 12:15-13:15 local Denver time) where we will present MPI 4.1 to the HPC community. If we get critical mass, we could also attempt a group photo at this time!

Also, please help publicize the new standard through your various channels! If there are any particular ideas that we could do as a whole forum, please let us know as well!

Thanks again and I am looking forward to continuing to work with all of you towards our next milestones MPI 4.2 and MPI 5.0!

Martin

PS: As we finished our agenda items for this meeting yesterday, the fourth and last day of the voting meeting is cancelled. Enjoy the weekend!

Member of the Board of Directors at the Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ)

Email: schulzm at in.tum.de