[Mpi-forum] Update: Vote announcement for the July 2023 meeting of the MPI Forum

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Thu May 11 13:05:07 CDT 2023

Dear forum members,

#705/PR822, #710/PR823, and #676/PR824 are now finalized at least for the
virtual forum meeting, June 7, 2023, details below:

    #705 Errata: Fortran has only compile-time constants    Rolf,Joseph
      Issue https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/705
            (together with https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/657   Rolf, Jeff H.)
      PR    https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/822
      PDF https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/files/11450065/mpi41-report_Issue705%2B657_PR822.pdf

    #710 Errata: 'Pending communication' not defined in MPI_Comm_disconnect    Rolf
      Issue https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/710
      PR    https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/823
      PDF https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/files/11454896/mpi41-report_Issue710_PR823.pdf

    #676 Errata: 'Pending operation' not defined, pending proper definition    Rolf,Joseph
      Issue https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/676
      PR    https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/824
      PDF https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/files/11443976/mpi41-report_Issue676_PR824.pdf

The agenda of the virtual meeting should be reading and discussions if needed.
I did the proposals based on the discussion and the major goals:
 - backward compatible,
 - no performance drawbacks on critical paths,
 - full consistency of the solution with all related parts of the MPI standard.

If I have overseen something, then my apologies.

If somebody wants to provide a completely different solution to one of these issues,
please feel free to do it.
 - Thanks to Joseph who did PR 822, which was such a counter proposal for #705.
 - This method is often better than doing many change requests for the given PR.
   and it helps to completely check whether it is really consistent over
   all related parts of the MPI standard.
 - And thanks for all the comments so far. They really helped me a lot for preparing the three PRs.

I'll be the next three weeks on vacation.

Best regards
Rolf Rabenseifner