[Mpi-forum] does anyone use MPI_Register_datarep and related?

Koziol, Quincey qkoziol at amazon.com
Fri Mar 3 11:50:51 CST 2023

FYI - HDF5 doesn’t use this mechanism for type conversions between memory and a file.  Nor does any other I/O library that I know of.

Also, searching on Github (https://github.com/search?p=2&q=MPI_Register_datarep&type=Code) is only turning up implementations of it and tests for it, as far as the first bunch of search results display.   (But there’s 100 pages, so I haven’t looked at all of them :-)

Quincey