[Mpi-forum] Reading + No-no-vote #669 at MPI-Forum meeting Feb 1+8, 2023 (related to Terms)

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Tue Jan 31 08:31:26 CST 2023

Dear MPI forum members, dear Wesley,

based on the results of the virtual forum meeting on "terms" on Jan 25, 2023,
and helpful and productive discussions with Dan Holmes,
I implemented the results.
The modified wording does not change the major goal of the ticket:

  adding the new term 'enabled' to describe the relation between
  semantically-related operations in different processes.

The other topic, the extension of the terms local and nonlocal also to invocations under constraints
was not changed.

Therefore reading and an additional no-no-vote is needed.

  Issue https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/669
  PR788 https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/788/files
  pdf https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/files/10547146/mpi41-report_Issue669_PR788.pdf

Best regards and thanks to Dan for his reviewing and updates
Rolf