[Mpi-forum] Announcment reading/vote for issues improving the topology chapter

Christoph Niethammer niethammer at hlrs.de
Mon Nov 21 11:39:52 CST 2022

Hello all,

For the upcoming December ‘22 MPI forum, I’d like to reserve a view minutes for presenting updates to the topology chapter.

One suggested change is updating the chapter title - which the forum likely wants to have a (short) discussion and
- reading/vote on #644 "Update "Process Topology" chapter title to use "MPI process"
  Issue: https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/644
  PR: https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/759

Beside this there are the following updates I'd like to read if they are not passed as chapter committee change.
If they pass as chapter committee change, then please take this only as a notice about those changes:

- #648: Topology LIS text improvements
  Issue: https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/648
  PR: https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/763

- #649: Topology - use of \MPI process where necessary
  Issue: https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/649
  PR: https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/764

- #650: Topology improvement around the term virtual topology
  Issue: https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/650
  PR: https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/765

- #651: Topology typos and smaller text improvements
  Issue: https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/651
  PR: https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/744

Thanks to Dan, Rolf, and Guillaume as well as the HW-topology WG for feedback and discussions!

Best regards
Christoph Niethammer

--

Christoph Niethammer
High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS)

Tel: ++49(0)711-685-87203
email: christoph.niethammer at hlrs.de
https://www.hlrs.de/people/christoph-niethammer